RECOMMENDED CLEANING AND DISINFECTING GUIDELINES FOR OUR RADIOS, BODY-WORN CAMERAS AND ACCESSORIES
Click the image above to download a printable flyer with additional information.
Motorola Solutions Technical Notification (MTN)
TITLE: Recommended general Motorola Solutions radio, body-worn camera and accessory cleaning and disinfecting guidelines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
TECHNOLOGY: Motorola Solutions Radio, Body-Worn Camera and Accessory
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Motorola Solutions is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for our radios, body-worn cameras and accessories based on our current and best understanding of radio hygiene. Per global health authorities, removing germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces lowers the risk of spreading infection. Using chemical disinfectants may kill germs that remain on surfaces after cleaning, which further lowers the risk of spreading infection.
- English: For a downloadable version of this text, click here.
- Spanish: Descargue un documento en español aquí.
- Portuguese: Faça o download de um documento em português aqui.
- French: Téléchargez le document en français ici.
- German : Laden Sie das Dokument hier auf Deutsch herunter.
- Japanese: 日本語のダウンロードはこちらから。
- Simplified Chinese: 按此下载简体中文版本。
- Traditional Chinese: 按此下載繁體中文版本 。
- Korean: 한국어 문서를 보실 수 있습니다.
- Russian : чтобы скачать документ на русском языке, нажмите здесь.
- Apply 0.5% detergent-water solution with a cloth, then use a stiff, non-metallic, short-bristled brush to work all loose dirt away from the device. Use a soft, absorbent, lintless cloth or tissue to remove the solution and dry the device.
- Make sure that no solution remains entrapped near any connectors, cracks or crevices.
- Devices may be disinfected by wiping them down with over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol concentration.
- When cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied to a cloth, which is then used to wipe down the device.
- The effects of certain chemicals and their vapors can have detrimental effects on plastics and the metal platings.
Do not use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays to cleanse or disinfect your device.