Trade Show Executive’s Gold 100 Class of 2019 Unveiled
TSE, TSE STAFF
MAY 31, 2020
CHICAGO – The largest trade shows held last year are included in the just-released Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Class of 2019 list.
The shows that set the Gold Standard in 2019 were selected based on the size of their exhibit floors in net square feet (nsf). To see the full list of this year’s Gold 100, visit www.tsegold100.com/honorees .
“It has been a turbulent year, and the accomplishments of these Gold 100 heavyweight shows certainly gives us something to celebrate. The success of the individual shows in 2019 helps demonstrate the importance of our industry to the economy in America especially as states begin to reopen,” said TSE Vice President and Editor-in-Chief, Gabrielle Weiss. “This year, our summit will provide a platform for crucial discussions about building our future in a post-pandemic era.”
Rankings of TSE’s Gold 100 will be unveiled at this year’s annual TSE Gold 100 Awards & Summit, is set to take place Oct. 7-9 at the Ritz-Carlton’s Bacara in beautiful Santa Barbara. Information on registration, along with the prestigious event’s networking and educational agenda, will be available soon at www.tsegold100.com .
Last year, TSE celebrated the shows of 2018 or the Gold 100 Class of 2018. Combined these shows had a total of 46,150,296 nsf of exhibit space. The average aggregate came of a 2018 Gold 100 show was 461,503 nsf. The total Attendance of all the 100 shows was more than 3.8 million attendees.
Many of TSE’s Grand Awards are not based solely on metrics and are open to all shows. Show management can review criteria and submit their entries here: https://www.tsegold100.com/nominate/
“Special consideration is given to Gold 100 shows due to the unique challenges involved in with the vast size of their shows,” said Weiss. “However, we carefully consider all entries and look for creativity and innovation in the non-metric based award categories.”
Last Year’s Trade Show Executive Grand Award Winners
- Gold Standard in Excellence Award: Gary Shapiro, CTA President and CEO
- Greatest Trade Show of 2018: National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show
- Largest Annual Trade Show of 2018: CES
- Largest Semi-Annual Trade Show of 2018: MAGIC - February
- Fastest-Growing Gold 100 Show in NSF (by Percentage of Growth): Annual Police-Security Expo
- Fastest-Growing Gold 100 Show by Blended Growth: AIA Conference on Architecture
- Fastest-Growing Non-Annual Gold 100 Show in NSF (in Sheer Numbers): International Woodworking Fair
- Gold 100 Show with the Most Continual Growth: SuperZoo
- Best Show Extension Overseas in 2018: G2E - Global Gaming Expo
- Best Consumer Component within a Trade Show in 2018: E3
- Best Use of Technology in 2018: JCK Las Vegas
- Most Impressive Surge in Sponsorship Sales in 2018: National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show
- Stickiest Show Floor in 2018: Veterinary Meeting and Expo (VMX)
- Most Extreme Results from Social Media in 2018: The International Surface Event: SURFACES | StonExpo/Marmomac | TileExpo
- Most Innovative Show in 2018: National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show
- Slam-Dunk Award: Best New Idea of 2018: RSNA Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting (Radiological Society of North America) and the Functional Fabric Fair (tie)
- The Do-Gooder Award: G2E - Global Gaming Expo
- Marketing Genius Award: CES
- Top Show Organizer for 2018: Informa Markets
- Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives in 2018: CES
Reach Gabrielle Weiss at (312) 493-7753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.